This week Frank van Schoubroeck took off for Niger to undertake new Partners for Innovation activiteities in the field of Agroforestry.
- Commissioned by Oxfam Novib and in partnership with Afrique Fondation Jeunes (AFJ), Frank is working on a business plan that encourages and supports young Nigerian entrepreneurs in setting up Agroforestry activities. Niger has a very high youth unemployment with few development prospects for young people. At the same time, there is much underused (agricultural) land which is suitable for planting fruit trees whose yields can be commercially exploited.
- For Agri-Profocus (APF), a Dutch initiative which promotes farmer entrepreneurship in Africa, Frank writes an article about the development of the Agri-Hubs in 12 African countries. Agri-Hubs provide a central ‘marketplace’ where organizations, professionals, resources and knowledge come together.
- Contact Frank van Schoubroeck
- Read more about Afrique Fondation Jeunes
- Read more about the Agri-Hubs van APF
- Download service sheet: Agroforestry (pdf)