Circular business models and design strategies allow industries to change from ownership to performance-based payment models, and offer attractive value propositions and improve customer loyalty.
The added value of the Circular Economy
The Circular Economy is a system that is restorative, by design and intention. Material flows are of two types:
- biological nutrients: designed to re-enter the biosphere safely
- technical nutrients: which are designed to circulate at high quality without entering the biosphere.
The potential for realizing additional value by applying the circular business model is enormous. More and more business leaders recognize this. As part of the Europe 2020 strategy, the European Commission has chosen to move towards a resource efficient and circular economic system.
Business opportunity: Oversee the economic value chain
Circular business models allow industries to develop complete new products and services that reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and improve customer loyalty. A change from ownership to performance-based payment models, offers attractive value propositions. It will be possible to maintain and recover the value of products, components and materials at the highest possible level. Consequently, this will benefit the economy, social wellbeing and the environment.
How can we help you?
Our business- and design consultants can assist you in:
- Strategy development of circular business models
- Designing new circular products and services, together with clients
- Assessing technical and economic feasibility, value chain analysis
- Project management and co-ordination of stakeholder partnerships